Heart Health and Blood Pressure
High blood pressure is the number two cause of kidney disease—and heart disease (often caused by high blood pressure) is the number one killer of kidney patients. Learn how to keep your blood pressure down to keep your kidneys and heart healthy.
Topics covered in this module include:
- Risk factors for kidney disease and high blood pressure
- Measuring blood pressure
- Metabolic syndrome
- Diet and salt intake
- Diabetes and hypertension
- Blood pressure medications
- Blood pressure tracking log
- Reducing stress
- Signs and symptoms of stroke
- Heart health tests: C-reactive protein, homocysteine, echocardiogram, stress test, angiogram
- Heart-healthy diet
- Left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH)
Would you like to print this module? Download it here.