Resources for Renal Professionals
Kidney School Idea Guide
There are many ways to use Kidney School. Learn more about how Kidney School can help you and your patients!
Kidney School Modules
Spanish-language versions available!
Download and print any or all of the modules (in English or Spanish) and supplemental information for your patients. To download the English-language PDF, click on the module name; to download the Spanish-language PDF, click on the word "Spanish" after the module name.
To request permission for printing multiple or professional copies of Kidney School modules, complete and fax us our licensing agreement.
- Introduction - Living Successfully with Kidney Disease (Spanish)
- Module 1 - Kidneys: How They Work, How They Fail, What You Can Do (Spanish)
- Module 2 - Treatment Options for Kidney Failure (Spanish)
- Module 3 - Working with Your Health Care Team (Spanish)
- Module 4 - Following Your Treatment Plan (Spanish)
- Module 5 - Coping with Kidney Disease (Spanish)
- Module 6 - Anemia and Kidney Disease (Spanish)
- Module 7 - Understanding Kidney Lab Tests (Spanish)
- Module 8 - Vascular Access: A Lifeline for Dialysis (Spanish)
- Module 9 - Nutrition and Fluids for People on Dialysis (Spanish)
- Daily meal-planning grid
- Food value chart
- Two-week sample menu for hemodialysis patients with diabetes
- Two-week sample menu for hemodialysis patients
- Two-week sample menu for peritoneal dialysis patients with diabetes
- Two-week sample menu for peritoneal dialysis patients
- Phosphorus in foods
- Two-week menu recipes
- Lower-sodium fast food options
- Module 10 - Getting Adequate Dialysis (Spanish)
- Module 11 - Sexuality and Fertility (Spanish)
- Module 12 - Staying Active with Kidney Disease (Spanish)
- Module 13 - Heart Health and Blood Pressure (Spanish)
- Module 14 - Patient Rights and Responsibilities (Spanish)
- Module 15 - Alternative Treatments (Spanish)
- Module 16 - Long-term Effects of Dialysis (Spanish)
Presentations on Kidney School
This recorded session, entitled Integrating Technology and Caring: The New Kidney School from the ANNA National Symposium, 2010, examines the benefits of using Kidney School as a tool to enlighten and involve patients and staff. Get it here.
References and Resources
In April 2008, CMS published new Conditions for Coverage for dialysis facilities. Facilities must meet these Conditions to qualify for reimbursement by Medicare and/or Medicaid. The new regulations were effective October 2008. Kidney School can help you comply with the Conditions by providing ready-to-use education materials about required topics.
Kidney School Postcards
Hand out these free postcards to your patients. Order yours today!
Continuing Education Credits
Earn CE credits online at Kidney School. Learn more!
Feeling Better with Exercise: A Video Guide for People on Dialysis (DVD)
This 30-minute DVD features conversations with dialysis patients about the benefits of exercise, as well as easy-to-follow demonstrations. All of the strength and flexibility exercises recommended in the patient booklet are shown in this video. Cost: $10 per DVD including shipping in the U.S. only.