Getting Adequate Dialysis
Healthy kidneys work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Dialysis replaces only a small part of kidney function, so getting adequate treatment is key to living long and living well with kidney disease. All dialysis is not alike; learn what you can do to make sure you get the treatment you need.
Topics covered in this module include:
- Understanding your dialysis prescription
- How dialysis works
- Types of dialyzers and dialyzer reuse
- How to know if you're getting enough dialysis
- Uremia and symptoms
- Dry weight and fluid removal targets
- Measuring adequacy (hemo and PD)
- Residual kidney function
- Adequacy tracking log sheet
Would you like to print this module? Download it here.