1. Peritoneal dialysis uses a ______ as the access for treatment.
a) Catheter b) Fistula c) Graft d) Dialysis machine
2. In hemodialysis (HD), blood is filtered through a ______.
a) Hemolyzer b) Dialyzer c) Cholesterol screen d) Hemoglobin
3. In peritoneal dialysis (PD), draining out the dirty fluid and putting in the clean fluid is called:
a) A replacement b) A hemo cleaning c) An exchange d) A dialysate
4. A vascular access is a ______.
a) Piece of the dialysis machine b) Medicine taken by people with kidney failure c) Medical problem needing treatment d) Special blood vessel used for HD
5. Home HD is typically done by ______.
a) The patient and a partner b) The doctor and a nurse c) Skilled nurses only d) Dialysis technicians
6. A kidney transplant is a cure for kidney disease:
a) True b) False
7. Which form of PD uses a machine:
a) Continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis b) Continuous cycling peritoneal dialysis
8. Immunosuppressant drugs are taken ______.
a) With hemodialysis b) With a kidney transplant c) With peritoneal dialysis d) With major viruses
9. Standard in-center HD is most often done three times a week for about 4 hours per treatment:
10. Getting longer and/or more frequent HD treatments can:
a) Protect my heart b) Allow fewer diet and fluid limits and medicines c) Give me more control over my schedule d) All of the above
You've finished the test! We'll show you the correct answers so you can see how you did.